Camp Cranium is a non-profit summer camp dedicated to providing a one-of-a-kind experience for children ages 6-18 with brain injuries. For a week each summer, children who have had a traumatic brain injury or stroke have the unique opportunity to meet other children with brain injuries in a safe, supportive, and fun environment. Campers form lasting friendships, improve their self-confidence and independence, and achieve goals they didn’t believe were possible.
Held at Camp Victory in Millville, Pennsylvania, Camp Cranium is a fully accessible site with on-site medical facilities.
The camp, which was founded in 2008, features a volunteer staff of highly trained physicians, nurses, and other medical professionals who are trained to work with this special population. What’s more, Camp Cranium offers a unique 1:1 camper to counselor ratio—ensuring each camper’s safety and allowing the staff to modify activities for each camper’s ability level.
Living with a brain injury can be an isolating and frightening experience for anyone—let alone a child. Many children are left with physical and mental differences that not only limit what they can do but also separate them from their peers. Camp Cranium fills a much-needed void by giving these strong and resilient children an incredible opportunity: to meet other children with brain injuries, form lasting friendships, develop self-confidence, and, for one week, feel the freedom of being a kid.
Learn more about Camp Victory: www.campvictory.org
58 Camp Victory Rd
Millville, PA 17846
Directions to Camp Victory
From Philadelphia Area:
- Take 476 North (Northeast Extension) to Poconos Exit (Rt. 80)
- Take 80 West to Buckhorn exit 232
- Go right off of Buckhorn exit on Rt. 42
- Follow road until T at stop sign
- Turn left at stop sign onto Rt. 42 North
- Follow Rt. 42 N. into Millville, PA
- At stoplight in Millville, go right onto Rt. 254 East
- Go 1.8 miles to Camp Victory Road (look for Camp Victory sign-small hill before you turn…look for kennel sign on left immediately before Camp Victory Road on right)
- Follow Camp Victory Road (winding road…stay on main road…do not branch to the left) for approximately a mile
- Camp Victory on the left (Big SIGN!!)